The purpose of the initial examination is to provide you with immediate answers regarding orthodontic treatment:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
What is the cost of the initial examination?
There is no charge for the initial examination.
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for additional Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the new patient visit.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and we accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable for every family.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays of your teeth and jaws, study models, and a personalized growth study workup to determine the best treatment option to solve the orthodontic problem. Additional x-rays and photographs taken throughout and upon completion of treatment are also included in your investment.
- Active treatment fee includes Phase I appliances or Phase II (full braces); each orthodontic treatment Phase is a separate investment. The fee of each Phase of treatment includes all appliances, office visits and procedures performed in our office. Appliances are durable and should last throughout the entire treatment period if instructions are followed by the patient.
- One set of final retainers for patients with full braces will be provided when treatment is completed.
What doesn’t my investment include?
Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice is not included in your investment.
Direct Assignment of Insurance Benefits
Our practice accepts assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your employment prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.